The ever-so-popular year-in-review post, much like my In the Year 2008 last year. So, this is a little late, but I’m still posting it anyway! The new year is always a good time to reflect on the year before and look forward to the year to come, so here’s my reflecting.
- I moved to Seattle with Onyx.
- I went to NYC and D.C. for Sex 2.0 and met some wonderful people.
- I met Marla.
- I had my first threesome and had lots of wonderful sex.
- Marla moved in with Onyx and myself and we attempted a triad relationship.
- Marla and I celebrated six and then eight months together.
- Onyx and I celebrated four years together and three years living together.
- Marla, Onyx, and I split, rather suddenly though with warning.
- I moved back to Alaska for the foreseeable future and have been accepted into a body piercing apprenticeship, though that hasn’t started yet.
- I separated my sex toy reviews from my main blog (this one) and named it Wanton Lotus Reviews.
- I wrote and passed my 100th review!, I started doing porn DVD reviews, I started reviewing for a number of new companies.
- I did a lot of work on Pleasurists, including implementing new submission guidelines. It also passed the one year mark.
Were there any other significant events in my life in 2009? Definitely, though that doesn’t mean I remember them all. Was there anything that I mentioned on here that you think should be included in this list and isn’t? Do you have a favorite post of mine in 2009? What were your significant moments of 2009?
And, since someecards has sort of gotten me on the subject… in the last decade…
- I lived in Juneau, Alaska; Ashland, Oregon; Salt Lake City, Utah; and Seattle, Washington. I then came full-circle back to Juneau.
- I graduated college, receiving a double Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology and Gender Studies from the University of Utah.
- I had lots of sex, some of it good, some of it bad. I learned a lot about sex in general.
- I met Onyx in the middle of it (five years ago, it was December/November time I believe, so just over five years).
- I grew into myself. My clothing style is much the same as it was in 2000 and I’m back in my hometown, but lots of other things are drastically different. I am still shy and social-avoidant, but I am more confident and self-assured.
- I cut my hair shorter than chin-length for the first time, and dyed it for the first time both in general and an unnatural color.
- I had at least four blogs (more if you count livejournal or diaryland) and a short-lived sex podcast under another pseudonym, this is the longest-running one of the bunch I believe.
Might add more as I think of them.